Tuesday, December 21, 2010
NBA Power Poll 12/21/2010
1. Spurs – Keep rolling along and showing no signs of slowing down. Manu has been outstanding at clutch time.
2. Celtics – Right on the heels of the Spurs as they have now won 13 in a row. Shaq is back and the Celtics just keep getting stronger.
3. Mavericks – Recovered fully from the hiccup against the Bucks and back to winning with Dirk stroking it as well as he ever has.
4. Lakers – The Lakers once looked beatable losing 4 in a row earlier in the season are now winners of 5 in a row and looking like they are ready for a big run.
5. Heat – Took longer than expected but this is the type of basketball I thought we would see from Miami this year. Mike Miller is healthy and ready to debut.
6. Jazz – After the Hornets ripped the Jazz to shreds on Friday, Utah fully recovered to win on Saturday night. Tell me again why Gordon Heyward went early?
7. Thunder – Tough loss at home against the short handed Suns team at home was a surprise. Thunder shooting over 84% FTs as team this year, NBA record pace.
8. Bulls – Noah out 8-10 weeks is going to be a thorn in the side for this club who had just gotten Carlos Boozer healthy.
9. Nuggets – As long as they don’t trade Carmelo to the Knicks they should keep their perch in the Top 10.
10. Magic – Anxious to see how all this wheeling and dealing pans out for Orlando. I liked the trade with Phoenix, except for losing the pick. Getting Arenas is like rolling the dice. Both he and Rashard Lewis have terrible contracts.