Saturday, August 15, 2009

The PGA Championship....Unwatchable....






Well I guess the good thing about Eldrick Woods holding a four-shot lead is that I don't have to watch weekend coverage. This tournament is over. So this morning I can play golf and then Sunday I can pretend I'm a good husband and hang out with my wife! No sooner did Ross Fisher tied for the lead on Friday, did he start pissing it down his leg. Isn't it a bit early on a Friday to roll over and play dead for the Messiah. The rest of the pack usually waits until hole 12 or 13 on Sundays.

Anyway, what is it about the PGA that sometimes makes it unwatchable? I find that to be the case at least 50 percent of the time, and goes on a tournament-to-tournament basis. Some I can watch, others I can't. Is it the fact that the courses many times have no identity (compare to Augusta's perfection, the impossibly tough US Open layouts, the pastures in the UK)? Is it that football season is so close? Who knows, but though I'm sure they're great courses in person, watching tournaments at Medinah and Hazeltine are a complete snooze. I think I'll go shoot 85 myself instead of watching Tiger's latest bitch do it on TV......

No comments:

Post a Comment