--During our road trip this weekend, we were blessed with a Chevy Cruze as a rental car as well as XM Radio. The station was set to ESPN Radio when we got in, and lets just say we learned an awful lot:
- Lebron James has the best basketball IQ of any player in NBA history.
- James knows how to push the limits of the Miami Heat's offensive system like nobody else does. Huh?
- The Queen actually teaches Miami's coaches things about basketball every day.
- Heat teammates better be ready at all times, because James invented a new play called the "no-look pass." Fucking pioneer, he is.
- Tiger Woods shooting 79 at the Memorial is worthy of the lead in ESPN's golf coverage and shot-by-shot recap from Tom Rinaldi. (TGC's Brandel Chamblee predicted Woods would take control of the tournament on Friday by probably shooting 66 or 67.....but shot 74. Guess not.) Tiger is back!
--Anyway, we're pretty certain that the television announcer called Nebraska's coach, Rhonda Revelle, "Ron Revelle" at one point. Understandable. This is the same Revelle who called our college dorm room after we had sent a letter to the NU Softball office complaining about them blasting Bonnie Tyler at 9am on gamedays following nights that we had been out until 4am. She contended they never turned on the music until 11am, which was complete bullshit -- but we appreciated the follow-up call nonetheless. To this day, Tobiiiiiin Echooooo Haaaaaaaawk rings through our ears.....
--Finally, PYB became confused last night wondering who was more confused: the softball fans who were 'throwing the bones' after NU scored a run or Nebraska's offensive football players who do the same after scoring a touchdown?? Someone, please stop this madness.
--aTm golfers are sad they lost a chance at the NCAA national championship because one of their teammates was penalized for slow play. Stupid system, but hit the fucking ball! Unless your last name is Woods, you have no right to be slow.
--Thanks for the tip on this story from one of our AZ correspondents. Is it safe to say if one is going to talk shit about tipping a stripper with coins that one should at least have a grasp on the English language and know the difference between your and you're? Why didn't he insert said coins into the slot? Was he on Sniffer's Row? We just wanted to use the term Sniffer's Row in print.
That's all we have for now, time to shower and head out to Lubbock International to catch a flight. Security lines could be long, with all the fans departing after the wild Guns & Roses show last night. (Side note: tonight, they're in Kansas City, where the oodles of scums there will be aglow with delight. But isn't that a long-ass drive for one day?)
We're on the Night Train.....PYB